Extra weight doesn’t just take a toll on your body. It can have detrimental effects on your emotional, social, and psychological well-being too. If you suspect your weight may be contributing to low mood, anxiety, depression, or low self-esteem but aren’t totally sure, take our short assessment to find out.
The following is adapted from the #1 best-selling book Fear No Food by re:vitalize’s Dan LeMoine and Dr. Noel Abood.
Impact of Weight on Emotional Health Self-Assessment
- Do you try to avoid getting photographed? Or stand a certain way to hide parts of your body you feel are ‘too much’ or ‘embarrassing’?
- Do you blame ‘old age’ on your lack of activity and low energy?
- Do you avoid looking at yourself in the mirror?
- When you enter a room full of people, do you look around and try to find someone who is larger than yourself and think, ‘Well, at least I’m not the biggest in the room’?
- Do you find you’re always adjusting your shirt around your midsection or tucking the back tail of it into your pants because it won’t stay there?
- Do you feel like you need a nap after basic activities like walking or light gardening?
- Do you have trouble bending over to tie your shoes?
- Do you get short of breath going up stairs?
- Do you feel joint pain as you get moving in the morning?
- Are your hands or feet swollen at the end of the day?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions then it’s time to make a change. Your weight could be negatively impacting your self-esteem, emotional health, or physical health, which means your overall quality of life is being negatively impacted as well. Don’t allow your weight to hold you back from experiencing all that life has to offer.
If you’re searching for a nutritionist near you, let Revitalize Weight Loss & Wellness help you take back control of your health by creating a diet program uniquely customized for you. Book a consultation with our nutritionists and health coaches to start your weight loss program today.
Get the Amazon #1 best-selling book Fear No Food on Amazon or book your initial one-on-one consultation with Revitalize to learn more about their award-winning weight loss program HERE.